Welcome to Idsall School
As Headteacher, I am very pleased to welcome you to our school. Idsall is a large successful 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with on average 1300 students. The school occupies extensive and attractive grounds on the edge of the market town of Shifnal bordering on open countryside.
Idsall School believes that every student should reach their full potential. By setting high standards - not only in academic study but in all aspects of our school community - we seek to inspire students in everything they do.
We are proud of our excellent reputation for the high quality of our teaching and learning, as well as our friendly and caring approach.
Our students have a fine reputation for outstanding behaviour, courtesy and respect which is regularly commented on by visitors to our school. Our highly-committed staff team, includng teaching and non-teaching staff, put in many extra hours to ensure that our students get an excellent all round education in order that they may achieve their very best and become outstanding citizens.
We offer a wide range of subjects including Law, Psychology, Sociology and Business at A Level and we are particularly proud of the huge number of after-school and extracurricular activities on offer at the end of the school day. For example, we offer the opportunity to study other academic subjects after school. Additionally, in a typical week, we might offer the following and more:
- Academic subjects
- Karate and self-defence
- Football (Girls and Boys)
- Fitness training in our state of the art fitness suite
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Rock school and string group
- Library (internet / private study)
- Cello lessons and show band
- Rowing club
- Cross Country
- BMX club
We have had external validation by OFSTED that we are a high performing school. Idsall was described by OFSTED as a good and improving school where students achieve well and leave the school with results that are above the national average. All judgements were good.
This is clearly an exciting place to learn. However, we would like to build on our strengths to ensure that all students continue to gain outstanding examination results as well as developing the social, personal and interpersonal skills that will help them become outstanding citizens.
As a school community we value:
- Each other, ourselves and our differences
- Kindness, honesty and respect
- Hard work and determination to be the best we can be
- Independent learning, organisation and self - reliance
- Courtesy and good manners
- Be a school where everybody feels safe and happy
- Be a school where students work hard to achieve their maximum potential
- Deliver high quality teaching and learning that is valued and enjoyed
- Monitor and assess progress regularly to improve performance and produce a positive culture of high achievement and celebration
- Offer students activities and opportunities that develop a sense of self - worth, healthy well - being, enjoyment and belonging
- Bullying in any form
- Behaviour that hinders the learning of others
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Idsall School directly.