Welcome to Prudhoe Community High School
Prudhoe Community High School is a 13 – 18 school with approximately 800 students on roll (220 in Sixth Form). We are a very hardworking school and caring school with a very good examination record at GCSE, BTEC, and A Level. PCHS is a school that is full of enterprise, drama, art, music, dance and sport and sees these areas as crucial in developing a whole range of personal and social skills.
We are committed to achieving excellence in all we do
We want our young people to :
- Achieve the very best
- Be creative, respectful, curious, resilient, reflective and cooperative learners
- Acquire knowledge, skills and understanding necessary for life beyond school
- Participate actively in our school and wider community
- Develop their own set of values whilst empathising with others
We aim to:
- Provide a hardworking, safe and stimulating environment coupled with a wide range of learning experiences in which young people can thrive
- Foster a positive community with shared values
- Work in partnership with our parents/carers, our local and wider community
- Create an outward facing approach to high quality professional development
Considering what to do once GCSE courses are completed can be exciting as well as challenging. Entry to Higher Education or the world of work will be strongly influenced by the decisions students make in Year 11; decisions about what to study and where to study. They will affect students’ future career path, employability and longterm happiness.
At Prudhoe, we understand that students need a lot of support and guidance throughout the whole process.
We are committed to helping all of our Sixth form students:
- foster a love of learning and enjoy their whole Sixth Form experience
- fulfil or exceed their potential • develop confidence, resilience and self-esteem
- become future leaders by making a rich contribution to school life Some of the formal opportunities for advice and guidance include:
- Our Post 16 courses evening on 12 January 2017
- An individual guidance meeting with a member of the Leadership Team which will take place at the beginning of March.
- The opportunity to meet our school Careers Advisor on request.
- Regular information and guidance updates in tutorials and assemblies throughout the year.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Prudhoe Community High School directly.