Welcome to Hedingham School and Sixth Form
Most of our students continue their education post-16 with an increasing majority of year 11 students choosing to stay on at Hedingham Sixth Form.
Results in the sixth form are impressive and our sixth form students have an excellent record in gaining places at their chosen universities.
Hedingham School Sixth Form offers students a wide range of stimulating programmes comprising of AS A2 and vocational courses. We provide support structures and a learning environment that allow every student the opportunity to succeed.
Close links are maintained with the university sector and with employers offering further education and training. Our students undertake a business and industry course, enterprise challenge, where they liaise with local businesses to solve real world problems.
Our Sixth form students provide good role models for the rest of the school. They exhibit positive attitudes and a strong sense of community.
What Hedingham Sixth Form offers you
• one, two or three year programmes negotiated to meet your individual needs
• carefully prepared academic courses leading to Advanced, AS and BTEC examinations
• very good teaching
• small teaching groups
• supervised study and excellent independent study facilities
• support of a Learning Support Assistant
• induction programme
• interesting programmes of study which challenge you
• a range of teaching and learning styles which stimulate you
• a wide range of additional activities to help you build an outstanding Curriculum Vitae
• opportunity to develop key skills including ICT
• work-related activities
• carefully structured academic and personal guidance to facilitate individual action planning
• tutorial programme
• Learning to Learn programme
• opportunities to plan for and appreciate the range of possibilities for the future
• careers guidance
• preparation for Higher Education
• a wide range of social activities and opportunities
What Hedingham Sixth Form expects from you
• increasing responsibility for your own learning and behaviour
• providing a role model younger students can aspire to
• the pursuit of excellence
• effective use of your study time
• regular and punctual attendance
• meeting deadlines set for your work
• a pride in your appearance
• a pride in the Sixth Form environment
• participation in a range of community-based activities to develop a broader curriculum vitae
• commitment to completion of courses you start
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Hedingham School and Sixth Form directly.