Welcome to Outwood Academy Valley
Outwood Grange Academy opened in September 2009 as an Academy of Excellence, sponsored by Outwood Grange Academies Trust. Outwood Grange Academy has founded the Trust to lead the improvement of other schools in the North East of England. The Trust currently
sponsors a number of secondary and primaries in the region.
Outwood Grange Academy has been a National Training school for nine years and has been accredited as one of the country’s first Teaching Schools.
The predecessor school Outwood Grange College of Technology was judged by Ofsted in 2006 to be “Outstanding” in every single category and “Outstanding” overall. The Academy received an Ofsted monitoring visit in January 2011 and was judged to have made “Outstanding Progress” since opening in 2009. The Academy received a full Ofsted inspection in February 2012 and again was awarded “Outstanding” in all categories and for overall effectiveness.
- Overall Effectiveness OUTSTANDING
- Achievement of Pupils OUTSTANDING
- Quality of Teaching OUTSTANDING
- Behaviour & Safety of Pupils OUTSTANDING
- Leadership & Management OUTSTANDING
Outwood Grange Academy Ofsted Inspection, 8-9 February 2012
- “Outwood Grange Academy provides an outstanding quality of education.”
- “Students’ achievement is outstanding.”
- “The Sixth Form is outstanding.”
- “The overwhelming majority of students are successful in going on to education, employment or training after they leave the Academy.”
- “Outstanding teaching is at the root of students’ excellent achievement. Teachers have very high expectations and they provide challenging, interesting
activities which considerably extend students’ skills of learning independently.”
- “The excellent behaviour of students contributes to an outstanding climate for learning.”
- “The drive for the Academy’s success comes from the outstanding work of its leaders.”
Our Academy vision is “Students First.” We put our students at the heart of everything we do. We simply believe that “the whole point of schools is that children come first and everything we do must reflect this single goal.” (Sir Michael Wilkins)
In 2012, examination results were once again exceptionally high. 100% of students gained at least 5 GCSEs at A*-C with 83% of students gaining 5+ GCSEs A*-C including English and Maths. Predictions for 2013 are even higher! In fact, the Academy has received record results every year for eleven years running!
We are committed to providing high standards of education for students. Our innovative vertical curriculum centred on a 2 year Key Stage 3 and a 3 year Key Stage 4 personalises the learning of all students. Fast-track opportunities and workshops provide accelerated routes for some students while others have the time to succeed with an extended Key Stage 4. Vocational, practical, creative and academic qualities are valued equally in the Academy where we really do embrace the ‘Every Child Matters’ agenda.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Outwood Academy Valley directly.