Welcome to Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre
Christ the King is a flourishing Sixth Form which provides an outstanding environment in which our students thrive, both academically and personally. At the root of this is our determination to meet the needs of all our students, maintain high academic standards and provide opportunities to ensure that our students are well prepared for the next stage of their life journey.
We firmly believe that our achievements are based upon the key strength of positive relationships. Everybody mattes in our Sixth Form, and the rapport between staff and students underpins the purposeful and creative learning environment that we all enjoy. We provide a favourable teacher to student ratio which, coupled with our strong pastoral and mentor teams, provide and mentor teams, provide the support necessary to enable our students to realise their potential. Our aim is to translate student's hopes and ambitions for the future in to academic and personal successess. This is achiaved through a combination of student endeavour, effective teaching, challenging targets and robust tracking systems.
We take pride in our students' achievements.
We look forward to meeting you.
Head of Sixth Form
What can Christ the King Sixth Form offer me?
- A wide range of A Level and Level 3 vocational courses which may be studied in combination
- A pathway entry system to match you to the right course
- High standards and opportunities to reach your full potential
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere
- Dedicated and professional staff
- An excellent pastoral system including one-to-one mentor sessions
- Excellent study facilities
- A very favourable teacher to student ratio meaning more individual attention
- First-rate Higher Education and careers advice
- Opportunities to take part in a range of extra-curricular activities
- A wide and varied enrichment programme
16-19 Bursary Fund
The 16-19 Bursary Fund is for young people who need financial support to stay in education after 16.
There are 2 types of bursary:
A Bursary of £1200 per year for young people who:
- Are in care or are care leavers, or
- Are in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit, or
- Are disabled and in receipt of Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
A Discretionary Bursary for young people who are in financial need whose:
Annual Household income is less than £21,000 gross p.a. You can apply for support with transport, meals and essential books and equipment needed for your course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Christ The King Catholic High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.