Welcome to The City of Liverpool College
The College first opened in 1992 following an amalgamation of the previous four existing colleges across the city. Until late 2013, the College was known as Liverpool Community College.
We are now proud to be The City of Liverpool College, serving more than a third of all 16-18 year olds in Liverpool and educating almost 20,000 students a year. Our students are spread across our 500 academic and vocational courses, offering them the widest choice in the city at the highest standard of learning.
The size and breadth of the college puts us at the heart of the City. Our daily work brings us in contact with partners and stakeholders of all kinds; from large corporations and household names and frequently we work with Liverpool City Council. We work closely with local training providers and employers in the private, public and voluntary sectors to deliver the widest range of further education courses, delivered with practical experience.
Our close working relationships with businesses ensures that we keep up to date with what employers need, but crucially ensures our students are equipped with the skills to find employment and succeed.
We are heavily involved in a wide range of innovative programmes. As a Gazelle college, we promote an enterprising culture for students to develop confidence and entrepreneurial skills to help create jobs for the future.
Our experienced and expert Pastoral Care Team across campus provide help, advice and information to students on all issues relating to their personal, social development and their overall wellbeing whilst studying with us.
- Achievement Coaches are available to give you one to one support. They help you get over any barriers you have to success, offering you a listening ear, improving your study skills, building your confidence and helping you to achieve your aims at College
- During your time at College, you will be supported and encouraged to work hard to achieve success. However, we also want it to be interesting, fun, exciting and rewarding. Make the most of your time in College through a range of exciting activities.
College Sports Maker
- As part of your health and wellbeing, we offer bespoke sport services from our College Sports Maker. Sport can be used to decrease stress levels, increase energy levels and help with concentration for a holistic approach to student life.
Careers Advice and Guidance Team - Pointing you in the right direction
What we can offer you:
- Our qualified and experienced Careers Advisers offer professional, confidential advice and guidance to current students and prospective applicants. We will help you choose the right course, research and choose a career, apply to university and prepare to look for jobs.
- We also offer a drop in, telephone and email information advice and guidance service
- We can signpost or refer you to external organisations and other college support services
- We recognise that it can be hard to ask for help and make that initial contact. If you have not had counselling before you may be curious about what happens.
- Helping you reach your Potential
- We offer a Learning Support service to suit the individual. We have excellent resources and specialist help and support for students who have learning difficulties or disabilities.
- Our aims are to enable you, as a student, to reach your potential, achieve success, become independent and progress into Higher Education or employment.
- We welcome your enquiry and will arrange to meet you to assess the level of support that you need. Once on course your support will be regularly reviewed and adjusted to suit your needs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.