Welcome to Joseph Swan Academy
Joseph Swan Academy
Our Sixth Form offers students the chance to progress and build upon their success at Key Stage 4. We aim to offer a wide variety of courses which meet the needs of our young people, and give them the support and opportunities that they need in order to achieve the highest standards possible.
We know that our young people will progress along a wide range of paths including apprenticeships, university courses and ultimately into the world of work. We want to make sure that our Sixth Form students are equipped to meet these challenges and be in a position to favourably compete with students from other schools and colleges. The most important decision is whether or not Joseph Swan Sixth Form is the right choice for you.
* Do you want to be taught by subject specialists with years of experience?
* Do you want a Sixth Form environment that is dedicated to providing you with the support and mentoring that you need to get the most from your studies?
* Do you want to be taught by teachers who know you, know how to get the best out of you and will push you on?
If the answer is YES then Joseph Swan Sixth Form is the place for you...
The wider Sixth Form experience and responsibility
Competition for jobs and university places is increasing each year. For this reason, students in our Sixth Form are encouraged to undertake a range of additional experiences that will help them develop the skills that they need to compete successfully against other young people. These opportunities include the Extended Project, work experience, charity fund raising and voluntary work such as horse riding for the disabled, the primary school reading programme and coaching. We also encourage our students to take responsibility around the school. We are currently developing a scheme that will allow students to be rewarded for doing duties and supervising younger students during the school day.
What else do we provide for our Sixth Form students?
* A Sixth Form Centre separate from the main Academy
* A dedicated Study Centre with brand new ICT facilities
* A high-quality guidance and mentoring system provided by both teaching and associate staff
* A Sixth Form Council which acts as the ‘voice’ of the students
* A dedicated Common Room
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Joseph Swan Academy directly.