Welcome to SEEVIC College
I am delighted that you are considering joining us at Seevic College. As Principal, I am determined to ensure that all our efforts are focused on your success.
You will find Seevic College a friendly, welcoming place - large enough to offer an exceptional range of subject choices, but on a scale where it's easy to find your way about and feel at home.
As a student with us, we'll encourage you to work hard but also make sure that you find time to form new friendships and develop new interests. We're always committed to improving what we do, and I look forward to hearing your views in person.
Take some time to explore the courses in these pages and come to one of our Open Evenings to see us for yourself. We'd love to meet you!
Established as a Sixth-Form College in 1972, Seevic College has grown in to a thriving community College meeting the needs of learners across the region.
Our Sixth-Form Centre offers an exceptional choice of A-Level, Vocational and Professional programmes. We also offer Foundation Learning, Apprenticeships, Higher Education and Adult & Community courses.
Almost 3,000 students attend our Campus in Benfleet, which was redeveloped in a multimillion pound project in 2013. Already one of the most successful colleges in the region, we also have a growing national reputation for the outstanding progress made by our learners.
Our success has been built upon a revival of traditional sixth-form values, coupled with a heightened focus on enterprise and employability. In addition to developing technical skills, we aim to ensure that all learners gain the self-management and communication skills they need to succeed.
We have established links, and work in partnership with, high achieving universities and businesses across the country. We are ambitious for all of our students, and all our efforts are focused upon their development and wellbeing.
- An onsite restaurant - serving a great selection of delicious meals every day
- Campus Coffee - when you're after something a little lighter
- The LINC - a state-of-the-art Learning and Information Centre
- A Library - with a great selection of resources to help you learn
- The Theatre - where you can see or perform in some terrific shows
- Nuffield Health - get discounted membership at our onsite gym
- Sports Hall & Dance Studio - hosting a wide range of sports and activities open to all students
- The CORE - our centre of retail and enterprise, open to all students
We understand that life isn't always easy and that sometimes you face problems inside and outside of College that can make things difficult for you. That's why we have a team of Wellbeing Advisers, and a College Counsellor, to help you through the difficulties.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and respect all students for their abilities, aims and individuality. Our Learning Plus team can offer support for a variety of needs, including:
- Physical disabilities
- Sensory impairment
- Asperger syndrome
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- English as an additional language
The team can also provide in-class support, organise specalist assessments and exam arrangements, and help improve your study skills by supporting you with:
- Planning essays
- Structuring coursework
- Organising study materials, files and portfolios
- Developing revision techniques for exams
- Improving time management skills
We're proud of the results our students achieve and will go out of our way to celebrate your success. Recent results include:
- Among the top 10% of schools and colleges nationally for progress achieved by AS students
- Pass rates above the national average for all AS Science subjects
- 100% pass rate on 38 AS and A2 courses
- Best ever A2 pass rate - 98%
- 662 Distinctions awarded to BTEC students
- Best every success rates on Vocational Level 1, 2 and 3 courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact SEEVIC College directly.