Welcome to Colonel Frank Seeley School
Built in 1957 in the centre of Calverton, Colonel Frank Seely School is mainly a single storey building with one two level block for Technology. We are a community school with an excellent reputat ion for care, guidance and support, strong relationships
between students and staff, a vast range of enrichment and extension activities and a commitment to promoting the highes t possible standard of achievement and excellence for all.
We have a strong track record of students progressing on to University and other higher sector establishments and employment. Many of our pupils stay on at Colonel Frank Seely for seven years, progression from Year 7 to our successful Sixth Form at William Lee. A few join us from other schools to continue their education here with us. Our Sixth Form offers a wide range of courses to cater for many interests and ambitions. These include AS/A2 and BTEC qualifications. Strong leadership and effective pastoral guidance support the high quality teaching and study facilities. Despite the age of the school, you may be surprised at the outstanding facilities on offer:
* Subject specialist suites of rooms/including Art an d Design and Food Technology.
* Technology Workshops with CAD/CAM facilities, including a Vocational Construction Centre.
* Access to ICT in every classroom, with many interactive whiteboards and projectors, to bring teaching and learning into our pupils’ life.
* Five dedicated ICT suites, plus dedicated ICT suite s for Technology, English, History, Science and Maths.
* Seven recently refurbished Science Laboratories.
* A Drama Studio.
* School wide wireless and cabled networking
* Use of Calverton Leisure Centre facilities including swimming pool and fitness suite until 5.00pm
* Online payment system for parents to pay for school meals, visits, uniform and equipment.
* Sports Hall and Gym, Tennis Courts, floodlit Astroturf pitch, extensive sports pitches and open spaces for sport and lunchtime activity.
* A computer to pupil ratio of 1:2.
* Newly refurbished and well resourced Learning Resource Centre, with Careers Library and separate area for Sixth Form.
* Café dining facility and take away facilities with cashless system.
* Recently refurbished Reception for visitors, pupils and staff, with meeting and conference facilities to encourage community use.
As a Sixth Former, you will find yourself with full access to all these facilities but we are lucky to also have a separate provision just for ou r Sixth Form with well resourced teaching, social and study areas for our students.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Colonel Frank Seeley School directly.