Welcome to Caldicot School
The majority of our Year 11 pupils choose to continue their education with us and we value the continued confidence and trust that they, and their parents, place in the school. Students are always keen to continue to build upon the excellent relationships they have with staff and this is demonstrated by their desire to contribute to the life of the school through their involvement in mentoring younger pupils and their involvement in extra curricular activities.
Pupils in Years 12 and 13 can choose to follow courses from a wide range of subjects at AS level in one year or at A2 level over two years. A variety of BTEC Level 3 courses is also offered. The majority of courses are school based and some are delivered in partnership with Monmouthshire County Council 14-19 Network using the latest video conferencing technology. In addition, pupils have the opportunity to study for Open University modules as an extension to their school based curriculum.
For pupils returning to the Sixth Form we are proud to offer:
- A well established working relationship with the staff.
- A high quality of learning and teaching recognised in our most recent ESTYN inspection.
- Supportive pastoral care.
- Robust academic tracking and monitoring.
- Opportunities to develop leadership and other personal skills through extra-curricular activities.
- Designated quiet private study areas, discussion study areas and Common Rooms.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Caldicot School directly.