Welcome to Mayflower High School
The core aim of Mayflower High School is to maximise success, well-being and achievement by delivering outstanding provision for all within a culture of equality, understanding and mutual respect and to prepare our students for their roles as global citizens. To achieve this core aim, we undertake:
•To create and sustain a caring, positive and stimulating learning environment for all;
•To maximise the learning potential of all, academically, socially, culturally and spiritually, and celebrate their successes and achievements;
•To encourage self-esteem, respect for others and for the modern world in which we live.
What does the Mayflower Sixth Form offer you?
- Success at the end of your course; last year students gained an average points score of 351.6, which is very nearly the equivalent of an A grade and 2 two B grades.
- An excellent higher education programme of support and guidance to help you find the right university or college for you.
- A distinct Sixth Form Centre with excellent facilities and an atmosphere that will enable you to develop intellectually, socially, spiritually and physically. At the end of your time here, it is hoped that you will be a confident, articulate and active citizen, and that we will be a better school as a result of your contributions.
- Our staff are highly qualified in the areas they teach and are interested in your academic, social and personal progress.
- Help, support and guidance from the Pastoral Support Assistants.
- For those progressing from Year 11, the Sixth Form offers continuity in your studies as you are taught by staff who know you and who use specifications based on what is taught in the earlier years of the school. The school reports and references are prepared by teachers who know your talents and your abilities.
- Each student has a tutor who will take particular interest in your personal and academic progress. Students will have an individual tutorial with their tutor at least once per half term. This has contributed to our success in enabling students to progress from Mayflower into higher education and employment opportunities
- Supervised study in a large Study Centre fully equipped with computers, printers and a scanner.
- We have an Independent Careers Advisor who is available to see students to give personalised careers advice.
- The Sixth Form offers participation in school life outside the classroom and in the wider community through social functions, various responsibilities and developing leadership potential.
Currently, we have developed:
• 18 dedicated ICT suites with modern state-of-the-art machines;
• an extensive wireless computer network, providing internet access and electronic registration throughout the school;
• fully-equipped Science laboratories, including the Junior Lab to open up access to the primary schools in our community;
• specialist Music rooms, incorporating, industry-standard Music Technology software;
• specialist Technology rooms with 2 well-equipped Food Technology rooms, 4 workshops and an ICT CAD/CAM suite;
• specialist Art rooms and Drama studio;
• a well-resourced, fully-staffed Learning Resource Centre;
• a well-resourced Progress Centre;
• a dedicated Sixth Form Centre, with its own ICT suite;
• extensive playing fields and tennis courts;
• a full-size Sports Hall with 4 badminton courts, basketball and volleyball courts;
• an indoor, 4-lane swimming pool.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Mayflower High School directly.