Welcome to Burnside Business and Enterprise College
Burnside Business & Enterprise College is a comprehensive school in Wallsend for 11-18 year olds. The school has been serving the community of Wallsend since 1960 and adopted its current name when moving into our fantastic new buildings in 2004. Since that time the school has supported its pupils in achieving great success (including being recognised in the top 20% of schools nationally by SSAT in 2014). The 2016 results once again saw many success stories, particularly at key stage 5 where our sixth form students achieved our best ever results.
At Burnside our aim is simple, to be the best that we can be, both as individuals and as a community. We all work together to make our college the best it can be and share decisions about how to reach our potential. We believe in the strength and consistency of our three core values: pride, respect and achievement.
Pride: we take pride in all that we do, our work, the way that we present ourselves, and our actions.
Respect: we respect the thoughts, beliefs and personal qualities of those around us and act with kindness and tolerance, treating one another in a way that accepts that we are individuals and have separate thoughts, feelings and needs.
Achievement: we are resilient and determined; we don’t give up when we encounter problems we always try our best. We seek to be the best we can both personally and academically.
We are ambitious for our students and have high aspirations for what all students can achieve. By the time they graduate from the Burnside Sixth Form each of our students will:
- Be confident, self-aware and emotionally intelligent
- Be well qualified
- Be able get on well with people, lead and encourage others to do their best
- Be ambitious, taking calculated risks to achieve their fullest potential
- Be able to take direction and learn from others
- Have a life-long thirst to knowledge and ability to learn
- Know that they are equally valued for themselves as well as their achievements
Brand new sixth form spaces were added this year with upgraded ICT facilities showing thousands of pounds of investment in your education.
- Academic A Levels Top 25% Nationally
- Vocational A Levels Top 10% Nationally
- 100% of our students in the last two years were successful in gaining a place to study Primary Education
- 9 out of every 10 Burnside students in the last 4 years have been successful in gaining a nursing place (the National success rate is 1 in 10)
- Want to study at Newcastle University? 20 out of 21 students in Year 13 who applied were given an offer to study in 2016
- Want to study at Northumbria University? Every student in Year 13 who had Northumbria as first choice this year was successful in gaining a place to begin in September
- Superb links with fast track programmes for Russell Group
- Universities including Oxford, Cambridge and Durham
- Well above national average success rate to Russell Group and Top Third Universities
- Apprenticeships more your thing? We have a better than national progression rate to Apprenticeships for sixth form leavers
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Burnside Business and Enterprise College directly.