Welcome to Abbeywood Community School
It is a great privilege to introduce myself as the Associate Headteacher of this wonderful school. With record breaking examination results and the title of the 'most improved school in South Glos', these are indeed exciting times for Abbeywood Community School. This is a caring, dynamic and vibrant school where ambitions are forged and dreams realised.
From the moment I stepped into Abbeywood Community School I was struck by both the excellent relationships between staff and students and the incredibly positive and purposeful learning environment. Abbeywood Community School is both inclusive and totally committed to providing the highest quality of education in the broadest sense. We aim to develop each individual through excellent teaching and a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities, to ensure each student can become a confident, well-rounded citizen, ready to take their place in society.
I have always believed passionately in the power of education as the 'master key' to unlock the doors to successful lives, and I know every member of staff here at Abbeywood is utterly committed to making sure each and every student is equipped with the knowledge skills, confidence and motivation to have the very best life chances to thrive in our modern world.
To ensure that all students of Abbeywood Community School achieve their academic, personal and social potential, and are supported by a learning climate that is innovative, creative, safe, inclusive and driven by a culture of high expectations, challenge and aspiration by:
- inspiring students with a passion for life-long learning, developing their ability to be: Resilient, Aspirational, Independent, Supportive, Engaged;
- providing a 21st Century curriculum and environment, with resources and teaching strategies to facilitate outstanding learning and achievement;
- developing community-minded students who make a positive contribution to the school and beyond, respecting and valuing others and their differences;
- providing opportunities to learn in partnership with parents and others, fostering family, community, business and education links, which extend beyond the school day;
- providing personalised support and guidance to students throughout each stage of their learning journey;
- modelling outstanding leadership and management and providing many opportunities for student leadership.
The school and its community including students, staff, parents and governors look forward to a thriving future in which students:
- enjoy their learning and achieve their potential;
- are resilient learners, who have the skills and self-belief to make positive choices about their future education and employment;
- have a learning experience that gives opportunities to widen horizons, develop leadership, problem solving and decision making skills;
- are encouraged to make a positive contribution to the school community and the wider community as we prepare them to be the global citizens of the future.
All members of the school community should take responsibility to actively uphold our values.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Abbeywood Community School directly.