Welcome to Waingels College
Welcome to our school and welcome to our new website.
You read this at a very exciting time for our school. We are in the process of implementing and embedding a new culture and set of values while at the same time we are celebrating another year of outstanding achievements by our students. Our A Level results of 2017 place us in the top 10% of schools nationally and at GCSE we have another excellent set of results with 75% of students achieving the “basics” of good passes in English and maths and a positive progress score.
Waingels was completely re-built in 2011 as part of a Building Schools for the Future £30m grant and our award-winning, eco-friendly design has created an outstanding spacious, light and technology-rich learning environment. We continue to make improvements and if you would like to view the school and our latest additions and developments, please join us on our open evening on Thursday, October 5th, 2017 from 5.30pm, or see us in action for our open days on October 6th and 9th.
Please have a look around our website – and visit us. If you can’t make our Open Evening or Open Day then please contact our School Office to arrange an appointment and tour. Our staff and students will be happy to show you around.
We welcome your feedback as we continue to strive for excellence and ensure that Better Never Stops.
Consultation with students, staff, parents and governors has led to an agreement of the core values which underpin our aims for our school community.
We aim to provide a safe, inclusive and rich learning environment where students feel safe and valued, founded on respectful relationships for all.
- We aim to motivate and enable our students to be independent learners who are ambitious and who are committed to excellence in the pursuit of academic achievement and personal development.
We aim to be a community school with kind, courteous and considerate citizens
who contribute positively to the communities we serve: in school in Woodley and in the world beyond.
We aim to develop resilient, responsible and independent learners who embrace challenge and are prepared and equipped for life after school.
We recognise our moral, ethical and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent and effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, young people and staff at school.
- We expect learning to take place in a climate of mutual RESPECT. We respect and celebrate diversity and difference. We expect students to have respect for staff, other students and themselves and to make healthy and safe choices.
- We expect every individual to strive for excellence in everything that they do and to take PRIDE in their achievements, effort and conduct. We are proud of our students’ progress and achievements and set high standards and expectations.
- We expect all members of our community to be KIND, courteous and considerate. We all belong to a community and work together as a team in a spirit of cooperation, collaboration and support.
- We aspire for our students to be independent, RESILIENT
and responsible learners; to embrace challenge, to learn from disappointment and failure, and to accept the challenge that becoming better never stops.
These values underpin our Waingels Ready set of expectations that we have for everyone within the Waingels community. Read as a student, a teacher, a member of staff or a parent these are the values we hold true. These expectations form the basis of everything we do, and everything we believe in as a school and as a community.
- - I am prepared to learn.
- - I am proud of my achievements, efforts, and successes.
- - I am a positive member of the Waingels community.
- - I will respect myself, others, and our drive to learn and grow.
- - I will build resilience, remaining focused and on task.
- - I will be responsible for speaking and acting towards others in a kind way.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Waingels College directly.