Welcome to Reading School
Thank you for visiting the Reading School website.
At Reading School, we aspire to be a ‘World Class School’, with excellence at the heart of everything we do.
We are committed to providing an inspirational environment for our students, where they are actively engaged in learning and optimistic that they can achieve. We enable them to develop leadership skills with an emphasis on integrity, teamwork and celebrating success.
As a school with a 900 year history of educating young men, we are not complacent. We aim for a fusion of intelligent innovation with a respect for tradition.
Our partnerships with schools in China and Denmark enable us to learn from others in terms of both academic achievement and personal development.
I hope that you enjoy our website, and the introduction it gives to life at Reading School: A World Class School that inspires, nurtures integrity and develops open minds.
To be a World Class, distinctive boys school, day and boarding, maintaining high academic standards and nurturing integrity and leadership.
Our Core Values
- Excellence – striving to achieve the best we can in all we do. To inspire learning and leadership together.
- Reading School boys value the acquisition of knowledge of the truth and the quest for excellence through intellectual curiosity, creativity and growth. They should be enthusiastic and enjoy learning for the intellectual challenge.
- Integrity – doing the right thing, commitment, respect for oneself, others and the environment, utilising knowledge and understanding wisely – thereby enabling informed decisions and the quest for truth and freedom.
- Reading School boys will be fine young men of integrity, principle and character who support each other in their quest for excellence.
- Leadership – a dynamic sense of purpose, dedicated to working with and for others.
- Reading School boys demonstrate a spirit of loyalty, commitment, compassion, humour and community.
Our Strategic Direction
Our strategic direction retains and extends the strength and distinctive characteristics of Reading School, realising the full potential in each student.
We aim to:
- Develop young men who will have the courage and integrity to uphold moral values, serve and inspire others and be leaders in their families, communities and internationally
- Support Reading School boys in developing resilience and skills to meet the challenges of life
- Ensure that Reading School boys leave as young men that are intellectually and emotionally prepared for higher education and the world of work.
- Be an academic school, an inspiring and enjoyable place of learning and scholarship
- Provide teaching that is rigorous, challenging and intellectually engaging.
- Provide the setting where the skills of friendship are developed and the importance of community recognised through participation in a wide range of activities.
- Recruit and develop the best teachers and associate staff that we can to deliver our strategic and operational goals.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Reading School directly.