Welcome to The King Edmund School
The Sixth Form at KES offers a diverse range of academic and vocational courses. It also provides students with support to help them develop the skills and mentality to become independent, proactive and self-directed, and to take responsibility for their future learning or employment.
- A wide range of academic and vocational courses for students of all abilities and aspirations, which prepare students for the demands of higher education and the world of work.
- Specialist staff who tailor their teaching to meet the abilities and aspirations of all students.
- Smaller class sizes than colleges so that all students can be treated as individuals and have their personal needs catered for.
- A well-established system of pastoral care in which individual support is given on a regular basis. In addition, there is structured careers guidance, so that students make informed choices about their future – whether this is starting work or going on to higher education.
- Opportunities for students to demonstrate personal qualities of leadership, initiative, responsibility and cooperation. All students can enjoy involvement in extra-curricular activities, community service and work experience.
- A familiar environment where students feel relaxed and secure and where new students are welcomed and encouraged so they settle quickly and make good progress.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact The King Edmund School directly.