Welcome to Bishop Burton College
Here at Bishop Burton, we are passionate about helping young people achieve their goals, in whatever area that might be. Every year we provide thousands of students with the perfect platform to launch successful careers in their chosen area, something which I am personally proud of.
The success of our students, even after they have completed their studies with us, is incredibly important to us, which is why we strive for the very best in everything we do. We see the importance of investing in outstanding campus facilities, fostering strong industry partnerships and insisting on only the very best teaching from our dedicated staff, ensuring that our students have every opportunity to succeed.
Our approach clearly works; our students have some of the highest success rates in the country. Almost every student who completes their course at Bishop Burton College finds gainful employment or moves on to a higher level of study within six months. Our focus on student achievement was also recognised at this year's BTEC awards, where we were crowned the 2017 Outstanding BTEC College of the Year; a huge accolade for the College and its students.
But its not all about academic achievement. Everyone at Bishop Burton appreciates the importance of supporting our students to ensure they are the happiest and healthiest they can be. That is why we provide practical and emotional support, organise a huge variety of social events throughout the academic year and offer a diverse range of sports to cater for all abilities and levels.
And that is evident in our students’ success outside the classroom. Across all subject areas, our students routinely win national and international accolades, giving them not only the experience and skills but also the confidence to go on to be a high achiever.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff and students for the continued support and commitment to the College and its values. Together, we are a force to be reckoned with and one which will go from strength to strength.
The College Opened Its Doors to Students in September 1954
- In 1954, we had just 36 agriculture students. Today, more than 600 students study agriculture and related courses each year
- Over the last 60 years, more than 40,000 students have graduated from the College
- As recently as 20 years ago, just one in 10 agriculture students was female. Today, that figure stands closer to two in five
- The College offers more than 140 different courses each year across 18 subject areas – quite a change from the two agriculture courses offered in the 1950s
- The first piece of agricultural machinery bought by the College in 1954 cost £453 and 10 shillings. The latest piece of kit has cost more than £40,000
- The College’s equestrian centre, opened by HRH the Princess Royal in 2008, has played host to two FEI European Championships and countless international equestrian teams. In 2012, the College was chosen as an Olympic training venue for Australia, Bermuda, Canada and New Zealand
- The College is home to a successful commercial mixed-use farm, which features a 370-strong Holstein dairy herd, some 200 limousins, a pedigree Hereford herd, a flock of more than 1,000 sheep and a 2,000 strong drift of pigs. As part of their studies, students get first-hand experience of working on the farm.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Bishop Burton College directly.