Welcome to St Alban's R.C. High School
Our sixth form is unique in that it combines academic, vocational, and work based studies and is part of a Christian community. The framework for our sixth form is based on the Welsh Baccalaureate and the Welsh Assembly Governments "Learning Pathways". It provides an opportunity for every student in our care to achieve their very best.
We provide an opportunity to:
- Choose from over 30 different subject/vocational areas to study.
- Work and study in an environment which encourages and challenges you.
- Visit higher education institutions as well as a wide range of different working environments.
- Use and learn how modern ICT technology can support you in your studies.
- Take part in work- related education.
- Talk regularly to a personal tutor.
- Work with committed professionals that care passionately about young people and their future.
- Study to achieve a range of qualifications from the National Framework, as well as industry standard qualifications through our ICT academies.
- Communicate on a regular basis with parents through half-term reports, and parents’ evenings.
You will also receive:
Advice on careers and Higher Education opportunities.
- Help in planning and writing a personal statement and CV.
- Training in interview techniques.
- Support in applying for a place on Higher Education courses across the UK including Oxbridge entries.
- An opportunity to work with like-minded students.
Sixth Form can sometimes seem daunting, but don't worry! We have a team of people who work alongside your subject teachers to make sure you get help when you need it. This aspect of our work underpins everything we do in the Sixth Form.
You will be assigned a Personal Tutor who will be your Learning Coach and your Personal Development Coach. Your tutor will meet with you regularly to give you general guidance and support, to review your progress and deal with problems relating to your programme of study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact St Alban's R.C. High School directly.