Welcome to Beauchamps High School
- You are now approaching the end of compulsory education and the decision you have to make about your future education will affect the rest of your life.
- I hope you will decide to study at Beauchamps High School and believe that we offer you a top quality sixth form education. The Sixth Form is for everyone and I guarantee that we will strive to provide a course designed to meet your particular needs.
- I place students at the heart of education at Beauchamps High School and aim for excellence for all from all. The teachers care about your progress, performance and, in particular, you as a person. They want the best for you.
- Over the years we have got to know many of you and hopefully we have gained your confidence. You should know that my door is always open and I welcome discussions with students. The Senior Leadership Team, the Head of Sixth Form, Subject Leaders, Subject Teachers and Tutors will always find time to offer advice. We are a team working for you.
- The Sixth Form aims to exceed your aspirations by providing a world class education that responds to your needs. Students in the Sixth Form have a powerful voice in influencing their learning and the staff are here to listen. We are ambitious for you and aim to build a partnership that grows and develops during your time with us.
- Please read this prospectus carefully. It will tell you which opportunities are open to you and how you should apply for a place with us. The prospectus only provides a snapshot and the best ambassadors are the current students. Talk to them and hear first hand what being a Sixth Form student at Beauchamps High School is all about and what it can offer you.
Robert Hodges BA Hons NPQH
Beauchamps High School offers you the most up-to-date facilities in the local area and a wide range of courses.
There are timetabled supervised study lessons and resources to support advanced learning to the highest level. A Level classes are taught in the Sixth Form Suite, the Business and Enterprise Centre and the main school building. In the main building, Sixth Formers have access to refurbished computer suites; science laboratories and a well stocked Learning Resources Centre with all the necessary A level texts.
We are a Sixth Form that is looking to the future and we will ensure you get the best possible results. High quality courses are constantly being designed that will be relevant to your chosen career path and expert advice is provided.
One of the best ways to choose a Sixth Form is to look at the results that students have achieved. In 2016, our pass rate at A Level was 100% in 18 subjects and 100% pass rate at BTEC Level 3. These figures place Beauchamps High School as one of the leading A Level centres in the local area and well ahead of many Sixth Forms and Colleges.
Your future is taken very seriously by a team of experienced and dedicated staff and the very latest equipment and new technology are at your disposal. This brochure is designed to tell you what the Beauchamps High School Sixth Form is like. It will describe the different opportunities available to you and what sort of qualifications and courses are offered.
Fitness and fun
If you enjoy sport, then Beauchamps High School is the place to be. Our facilities include outdoor football pitches, a cricket wicket, netball and tennis courts, a dance studio and a sports hall.
Social and Cultural Activities
In order to broaden your experience, you are encouraged to involve yourself in a wide range of activities: Trips organised for academic purposes, drama and music productions, cinema and theatre visits, social events, charity fund-raising, volunteer work, competitive team sports, recreational sport, and supporting students in the school are typical of the type of opportunities available to Sixth Form students.
The student tracking system monitors students every half term. The system involves a minimum of three assessment grades plus input from the subject teachers on whether a student is above track, on track or below track. This process happens every half term. Progress interviews are regular and involve setting targets to ensure that students are working to their target grades in each subject based on their GCSE results. Parents, students and the school act in partnership to ensure that you reach your maximum potential.
A flow of information including letters, Subject Reports, Student Reviews and Higher Education information, as well as Progress Evenings, enable parents to support students in their work. Parents are always welcome to come and discuss issues with the Head of the Sixth Form and Sixth Form teaching staff.
- 100% Pass Rate in 18 subjects
- 100% Pass Rate at BTEC Level 3
- All are above the national average
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Beauchamps High School directly.