Welcome to Brookfield Community School
Brookfield is an 11-18 comprehensive school with around 1330 students including a Sixth form of over 300, situated on the western edge of Chesterfield in a pleasant suburb, close to the Peak District National Park.
We have a strong and discernible ethos that is reflected in our aims. We have the highest expectations of our students in every area of school life. The quest for academic achievement is a very significant part of what we do – with excellent results at GCSE and A level. However, the belief that we are here to develop the whole child is very important to us.
We aim to develop well-rounded men and women who have enjoyed their school life – and have the qualifications and the skills to go on and have success beyond Brookfield. We work hard to ensure that every student is happy, safe and successful.
To create opportunities for all young people, regardless of needs, to develop their full potential.
Brookfield aims to be a school where commitment, participation, involvement and achievement are expected of all.
- A school where Learning and Teaching are at the heart of what we do. Where there is a high level of challenge in classrooms, but where there is still room for laughter and fun. Where teachers seek to innovate and ideas are welcomed as the natural currency of learning. A school where everyone is passionate about learning.
- A school where there is clarity of purpose. Where students know what their objectives are and all positive pursuits of those objectives are rewarded – high levels of attendance, positive behaviour, effort or attainment.
- A school that knows what each student is capable of and seeks to ensure that every student has the opportunity to enjoy achievement. Where information regarding student progress is shared regularly with learners and with parents. Where students are encouraged to be responsible for their own progress.
- A school that is in the heart of its community and aims to communicate positively and directly with it. A school that recognises that in all policies and procedures, simplicity is a virtue.
- A school that recognises mistakes as part of a learning process – a school where everyone has the desire to succeed but the courage to fail, and praise and encouragement are the natural currency between staff and students, students and their peers and staff and their colleagues.
- A school where students value and support each other, and regularly join together to help others. Where students are encouraged to make a positive contribution to their community.
- A school that is alive with creativity – sport, art, drama, music and song, language, experimentation, understanding, empathy, warmth and fun. A school that promotes the health and well-being of all and the development of the whole person.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Brookfield Community School directly.