Welcome to Cramlington Learning Village
Cramlington Learning Village is a specialist science and vocational college in Northumberland; it is a successful comprehensive school of 2000 students recognized as “Outstanding” by Ofsted four times in succession. The school became an 11-18 school in September 2008 as part of a local authority re organization which saw the old three tier system become a two tier system of primary and secondary education.
This has meant an £11 million new build for year seven and eight students, an extensive, and creative refurbishment of existing buildings (at the school’s own cost), a new curriculum at Ks3, and innovative learning spaces built around the concept of enquiry based learning.
Our Core Principles
- We believe that all students are unique with different needs, talents, strengths and aspirations and should be challenged to achieve beyond their expectations.
- We believe that all of our students are capable of developing the skills and dispositions to become better learners.
- We believe that at the heart of our school should be the idea that education is best done ‘with and by’ our students rather than ‘to and for’ our students.
- We believe that the purpose of education is preparing our students for their future.
- We believe that for the future, learning needs to happen in a variety of learning spaces (in and out of school) and through the supportive use of technology.
- We believe we need to build and organise our school to meet the diverse needs of our learners and create an experience that is personalised.
- We believe that we need the support and expertise of our whole village and more to educate our children.
- We believe that we must make our learning village a place everyone enjoys coming to.
- We believe at the heart of our school is a commitment to high quality teaching and continuous professional development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Cramlington Learning Village directly.