Welcome to Ellesmere Port Catholic High School
We are focusing all our efforts and talents on what we have a burning desire to achieve: to become an outstanding school.
Our June 2015 Section 5 Ofsted inspection rated the school GOOD in all areas and stated: ‘Outstanding leadership has been the catalyst to substantial and rapid improvement. This is now a school to which staff and students are proud to belong and where students’ achievement is improving apace.’ The report also highlighted that ‘The school provides a broad range of both academic and vocational subjects and higher ability students make good progress’.
Our October 2015 the Ofsted inspection of the Religious Life of the school rated us GOOD saying ‘The sense of aspiration seems to permeate throughout all areas of school life …. There is a culture which encourages everyone to do their best’ and that ‘There is a strong and effective pastoral support system in place to support students with different needs’.
Our mission statement is:
"I have come that they may have life and live it to the full" John 10:10
The school's clear vision is:
• Promote the dignity and worth of each person
• Strong catholic Ethos
• Ensuring every child is known
• High Expectations of everyone
• Excellent Leadership at all levels
• Excellent Teaching
• Exemplary Behaviour and Personal Standards
• At the Heart of the Community
• Promotion of British Values
• Raise achievement – meet targets for GCSE and BTEC results
• Develop the quality of teaching – 100% of lessons as "Good or Outstanding"
• Develop leadership – all staff leading learning
• Behaviour and Safety – improve attendance and reduce exclusions
• Literacy and numeracy – promote effective literacy and numeracy across the school
Our aim in the next two years is that we reach a 80% pass rate in all areas.
Here at Ellesmere Port Catholic High School we are committed to providing you with a Sixth Form experience which will prepare you for life at university and in the workforce and, provide you with memories that will last a life time.
We offer an extensive range of subjects alongside a bespoke enrichment, IAG and extracurricular programme which is personalized for the needs of the individual student.
Along the journey students are supported by tutors, mentors and subject teachers who will provide the very best information, advice and guidance to help students fulfil their potential and prepare for life after EPCHS6th
The Sixth Form experience is very different. Students have more responsibility, more independent study time and more opportunities to learn new skills and become a leader in our community.
We warmly welcome all students who meet our entrance criteria and are up for the challenge of life in our Sixth Form.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Ellesmere Port Catholic High School directly.