Welcome to Gateacre School
I am delighted to welcome all students to our school. Gateacre is a very popular and successful school which serves the needs of a large and varied community. I am very proud of the quality of personal relationships here and the care that is given to all our students. Successful education is only possible in an environment in which mutual respect and cooperation are key features.
The staff at Gateacre all subscribe to the belief that students appreciate a safe and secure learning environment in which rules are applied fairly and consistently, where students know what is expected of them and where positive behaviours are supported and re-inforced. Gateacre is a happy and achieving school and we work hard to maintain a spirit of genuine partnership with parents.
I look forward to meeting you.
G. L. Lonergan
Staff and governors at Gateacre have worked together to produce an agreed set of Aims for the school.
We have also agreed procedures, a code of conduct and a system of rewards and sanctions for our students which assist us in achieving our aims. Underpinning all that we strive for is the ethos of our school - our own characteristic spirit and shared set of beliefs. The school´s ethos determines the atmosphere at Gateacre and the quality of personal relationships within our school.
Our ethos may be summarised by the following beliefs:
- Successful education is based on good relationships between staff and students. Mutual respect and co-operation are central to such relationships.
- Sensitive consideration of students by all staff increases their self-esteem which in turn produces greater achievement.
- All students are individuals with differing social backgounds, talents, aspirations and needs. Each is entitled to mature anddevelop within a safe and caringenvironment so that individual potential may be achieved.
- Individual potential is most likely to be realised when staff always demand high yet realistic standards of effort, behaviour and achievement from their students.
- Students appreciate a disciplined environment in which staff act firmly, fairly and consistently.
- Problems are perfectly normal in a school where children are learning and testing the boundaries of acceptable behaviour. Our success is determined not by the absence of problems but by the collaborative way in which we deal with them.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Gateacre School directly.