Welcome to Havelock Academy
Havelock Academy was established in 2007 to broaden the horizons of our students and support them to achieve their potential.
Our community is based on strong relationships and leadership, developed through the house pastoral system. We have eight houses who all compete and cooperate with each other in all areas of academy life. Good manners, being smart and thinking about others are all central to our expectations.
At Havelock we want all of our students to achieve well academically and we take great pains to ensure that we have an appropriately broad and balanced curriculum and pastoral structures. The links between the pastoral care, academic achievement and outstanding enrichment opportunities are designed to enable every student to reach his or her potential. We use past student performance to establish a culture of success. Our teachers plan their curriculum collaboratively, developing a vibrant learning community in state-of-the-art buildings.
- Develop and promote a positive approach to learning.
- Provide high quality teaching.
- Ensure learning experiences engage, challenge and develop all students.
- Ensure high expectations of all.
- Enable all students to achieve excellence, make exceptional progress, raise their levels of attainment and achieve success in their qualifications.
- Constantly broaden horizons by providing a wealth of remarkable, enriching opportunities for all, to develop their potential with the support and co-operation of our students, parents, governors, Trustees and the wider community.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Havelock Academy directly.