Welcome to Matravers School
I am honoured and proud to welcome you to Matravers Sixth Form.
Matravers offers an incredibly lively and positive ethos alongside an outstanding range of opportunities from which your son or daughter can benefit. Our cutting-edge learning environment, where everyone works together to ensure students achieve their full potential in their academic and personal development, is superb. Students at Matravers enjoy the ability to think creatively, critically and innovatively and possess a strong sense of responsibility, loyalty and moral purpose for the school and the wider community.
I believe that teaching needs to inspire learners and engage them through its vibrancy and energy. The passion with which teachers deliver their lessons at Matravers draws students into a culture of success and achievement. There is no place for mediocrity in our high-performing learning environment. Second best is not good enough at Matravers; excuses are not accepted!
Through our strong, close partnerships between students, their families and school staff we ensure that every Matravers student has the opportunity to let their light shine in whatever arena in which they excel; we will provide the right conditions to ensure that this happens.
Matravers sixth form will enable you to:
- Study a balanced and broad curriculum which will challenge you and develop your skills and interests
- Follow a learning pathway which can be tailored to your own needs enabling you to progress along your chosen route
- Be offered support and guidance throughout the transition and your time here to explore the most suitable pathway for you at Sixth Form and beyond in Higher Education or employment
- Develop your independence and maturity by being encouraged to take part in the life of the school and the wider community through student led initiatives
- Be a valued member of Matravers School
- Have the excellent learning support that is offered to all students
I look forward to meeting and welcoming you into our outstanding learning environment.
Dr Simon Riding
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Matravers School directly.