Welcome to Newquay Tretherras School
You cannot imagine how proud I am to be the Headteacher of this amazing, successful and popular school which has always had a long history and tradition, as well as a great reputation, in the Newquay community and beyond.
I often think I have the best job in the world. At Tretherras I have talented staff who don’t just go the extra mile, they go the extra hundred: they are totally dedicated to our students’ success. Tretherras students are a joy to be with and make me so proud of what they achieve, and a committed Board of Directors who unselfishly give their time to make sure every student gets the best education possible. Newquay Tretherras isn’t just an ordinary school: Its relationships and ethos are inclusive and special: like a family. It is, without doubt, a very happy place to be and morale is extremely high across the whole school community.
I believe that schools are places where dreams can come true: where an inspirational community, working together, can lead to students becoming the best they can be. As a school that achieves results that are consistently and significantly above national averages, I know it is the quality of relationships and our vibrant, aspirational ethos, which is the key to this success.
Quite simply, we put every one of our students at the centre of everything we do.
I look forward to meeting you personally and to us working in full partnership to ensure that your children are inspired, achieve remarkable things and become the best they can be at Tretherras.
Our Aims And Values (Mission Statement)
- We are an ambitious educational community which believes in setting the highest expectations and aspirations for absolutely everyone as part of our inspirational vision for the whole “Tretherras Family;”
- We value every student equally and commit to providing a totally inclusive, challenging and rich learning experience underpinned by outstanding care, guidance and support, enabling everyone to succeed,
- We believe passionately in empowering all students to become successful life-long learners who are self-aware, creative and resourceful enough to meet the challenges, careers and opportunities of the 21st century;
- We aim to nurture “educated people” with opportunities to grow emotionally and physically, as well socially and intellectually, spiritually and culturally;
- We enrich our curriculum through an extensive and unique out of hours provision which embraces volunteering, an adventurous Outdoor Education programme, a wide range of Sports and Arts, and high quality STEM* opportunities;
- We believe that student voice and leadership is central: we aim to equip all our young people with the necessary confidence, resilience and aspiration so that they will challenge both themselves, and us, to progress and achieve the highest standards possible.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Newquay Tretherras School directly.