Welcome to Leicester Academy of Music, Technology and Arts
Leicester Academy of Music, Technology and Arts is a not-for-profit private sector company with over a decade of experience delivering training across the arts. We are based in the Belgrave area of Leicester and provide the opportunity for young musicians to undertake formal training in Music, Technology and the Arts. It is our vision to establish a not for profit, one stop shop training centre, for music, media, performing arts and other related vocations.
Whether you are interested in playing in a band, recording or learning more about the music industry, Leicester Academy of Music, Technology and Arts can offer you a high quality, specialist training service focused on music, media and performing arts.
All our provision also includes a significant proportion of employability, enterprise and work experience through our successful industry links which offers learners real and meaningful training as well as routes into the industry. Functional Skills in English and Maths are also offered where needed.
At our Claremont Centre all learners will have access to:
- Large central hall with stage and PA equipment for performances
- A number of small rehearsal rooms
- A fully functioning recording studio with mac running pro tools and logic pro
- Several Windows PC's with soundcards suitable for compositional work and access to the internet for research
- DJ room
- A large variety of orchestral, world music and contemporary instruments available for use by students
- Teaching staff with a wide range of professional music industry experience
Over the next year we are also hoping to invest in a mac suite which can be used by learners for work on recording, mastering and composing.
All students are assessed and fully supported according to their needs. This includes:
- Additional support in class
- 1:1 mentoring
- Extra tuition for English, Maths and ICT
- Careers advice
- C.V. building and support with job and college applications
- Bursaries and assistance with travel is available
Our learners have achieved a high level of success:
96% Pass Rate
89% Level 1 Students progressed to Level 2
86% Level 2 Students progressed to Level 3 or an Apprenticeship
75% completing Level 3 students progressed to Higher Education or Employment
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Leicester Academy of Music, Technology and Arts through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.