Welcome to Connell Sixth Form College
Connell is an integral member of the Bright Futures Educational Trust (BFET), a partnership of North West schools committed to raising aspirations and driving up standards through a diverse education. As a BFET member, our college aims to create an environment where students can flourish as they progress through education into adulthood.
Through our outstanding facilities and dedicated teaching staff, Connell aims to provide each student with the tools to pursue their passions beyond education and into employment. To this end, the College is driven by the shared values of hard work, integrity and passion.
We recognise and assess every student’s academic potential on an individual basis, ensuring that we develop not only their academic skills but also their confidence and self-belief. As a result of this dynamic, aspirational and supportive approach, our students become ambassadors for their local and wider communities, developing all the while in an ecosystem that nurtures and inspires excellence.
Connell College is for the young people of Manchester as part of the Beswick hub regeneration project. We offer a wide range of A-level subjects on offer, as well as level 3 BTEC qualifications. We have:
- Teaching staff who are experienced subject specialists, many of whom are examiners.
- Assigned Personal Tutor who is responsible for your academic progress as well as your well-being.
- Fantastic student support, including counsellers, student experience managers and additional learning support.
- Small class sizes, ensuring sufficient 1 to 1 teacher time.
- Is a place where all students know all the staff and all staff know all the students.
- Is open until late into the evening to provide a safe study space for students.
- Has excellent award winning careers guidance so everyone has access to university, enters a higher level apprenticeship or secures an A-Level entry job when they leave.
- Brand new, purpose built building.
- 5 a-side football pitch/Multi use games area for students.
- Access to Manchester City's community pitch for those that play sport.
- Fantastic labs for science students.
- Sufficient IT availability throughout the College.
- Fully equipped library and quiet study areas.
- Refectory offering hot and cold food throughout the day, with a Costa coffee concession.
- Free access to the East Manchester Leisure Centre.
- Comprehensive enrichment offering to form part of your study programme.
Well-being for students is an essential part of the offer of Connell Sixth Form College. Professional support is available for students within the College, such as the Bright Futures Educational Trust’s Educational Psychologist, a professional Counsellor as well as personal Tutors for each student.
A team of experienced staff are there to help every student. Students are given guidance and encouraged to set and meet targets. Their Personal Tutor is the first point of contact for any concerns, whilst the Head of College, other members of the Leadership Team and Student Experience Managers are also there to support the students. Specialist help is available to meet a student’s specific needs. Connell College works with the Bright Futures Educational Trust’s Child and Educational Psychologist, a 42nd Street Counsellor, Connexions Adviser and a Careers Adviser for specialist advice and support.
Our timetable allows for students to sign up to enrichment activities on a Wednesday afternoon. There are a range of enrichment activities available.
This college is surrounded by excellent sporting facilities. Just across the road a swimming pool, gym and dance studio are available to students during their free periods, as well as before and after College and during the weekends. For most of the time this facility is free for the students of Connell College.
Summer 2017 Results:
97% A-level pass rate, 75% A* - c
100% BTEC pass rate
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Connell Sixth Form College through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.