Welcome to Reaseheath College
As Principal, I welcome you to our website and thank you for your interest in Reaseheath College.
This section of the website will provide you with the information you will require before you arrive at Reaseheath in September 2016. Please click the blue buttons to view the different pages.
It is only by meeting Reaseheath staff and seeing our excellent facilities and resources first hand that you will be able to fully appreciate the benefits of the Reaseheath Experience. Few other colleges offer such wonderful surroundings and such caring, supportive and dedicated staff that will enable you to achieve your full potential.
We are very proud of our strong links with industry, that coupled with our specialist facilities and staff, will help you to develop the skills and knowledge that will provide you with the best possible start to your chosen career. Many of our former students tell us that their time at Reaseheath was not only enjoyable, but changed their lives! I look forward to welcoming you to our college in September.
Meredydd David OBE
- Purpose-built £8.3 million National Centre for Horticulture, the Environment and Sustainable Technology.
- Brand new 3G rugby pitch and Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) and sports hall with indoor climbing wall
- Free Wi-Fi connection across main campus areas.
- Brand new science laboratories
- Gym with state-of-the-art equipment and sports science laboratory.
- On-site accommodation for 850 students, with 12 halls of residence
- Student bar, social area and under 18s common room
- 5 catering outlets including the Reaseheath Restaurant, Feast Cafe and Bootzone.
- Library and Learning Resourse Centre
- IT teaching centre
- A zoo, farm and equestrian centre on campus
Reaseheath is a safe and stimulating environment for you to learn, work and enjoy student life!
We were graded Outstanding by Ofsted for the excellent support, development and care we provide to our students.
You will have a Course Tutor who will guide you through the course and is always willing to listen if you have a problem. However, we understand that sometimes it can be easier talking to someone outside of your curriculum area.
So in addition we offer a range of support to all students through Student Services, the Student Wellbeing Department and the Learning Skills Centre (LSC) all based in the Centrepoint building.
Reaseheath's Student Services Team is always around to help and support you with such things as:
- Accommodation and residential matters
- Financial support
- Medical issues
- Social activities
The student Wellbeing Service is available to all students who may be experiencing difficulties while at college. Problems can range from homesickness, relationship issues, bullying, difficulties with coursework, mental health issues, financial difficulties, health issues or family problems. Whatever it may be, we can help, either to talk things through and advise you or to put you in touch with the relevant people. We offer a confidential service and the team are available five days as week.
The College Counselling Service can help with specific problems on a regular basis. If you need support, referrals are made via the Wellbeing Department. We also have a College Chaplain and an on-site Prayer Room available for use.
The Learning Skills Centre (LSC) will provide additional learning support for those students with a range of academic support needs.
Our experienced staff can offer you targeted individual support to enable you to access your chosen course. We will arrange your support by talking to you about it, talking to your parent/carer and by contacting your school to find out about any previous support you may have accessed.
The LSC supports and mentors students in a variety of ways including supporting with course work, developing your study skills and helping you to move towards being able to study independently.
We offer individual support in class or 1:1 sessions in the LSC, or group or shared support in class or in the LSC. A drop in service also runs every day in the LSC.
Assistive Technology (specialist study equipment) is also available on loan to students.
Five reasons to choose us:
- 96% of students progress into employment or onto degree programmes in their chosen industry
- We are one of the best colleges in the country for student support
- 98% of our students say our teaching is good
- £50 million has been invested on campus into cutting edge technology and specialist training facilities with a further £30 million planned
- Our tutors are 1st class because they're experts in their field and have worked in the their industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Reaseheath College directly.