Welcome to Kensington Aldridge Academy
Definition: Undaunted, fearless, bold
Our students are not afraid to take risks, and they recognise mistakes as opportunities to learn. Through our curriculum provision, they learn to be entrepreneurial in their attitude – articulate, focused, ambitious, and passionate.
Our Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2016, providing 240 places for 16-18 students. Our aim is that all of our sixth form students are equipped with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to access Higher Education. Sixth form students at KAA benefit from their own dedicated library and study space, IT suites, and arts studio space.
In addition, our A level provision harnesses partnerships with Goldolphin & Latymer, Charterhouse, RAD and RAMDA to offer sixth form education that is unique in the private sector. Students benefit from the extended curriculum, entrepreneurial focus and creative arts opportunities that our Key Stage 3 students currently enjoy.
If you are interested in attending Sixth Form visit our website to view our prospectus.
Our Core Values
Excellence: We aspire to greatness not only in academics, but in everything we do. Whether it be sport, music, drama, or simply our general attitude and behaviour – we aim to be the best we can be.
Resilience: We love a challenge, and understand that setbacks and mistakes are just opportunities to improve. Our abilities aren’t fixed – some things take more time to learn but we will master them eventually.
Creativity: In lessons, new learning is always presented as a problem to be solved, and creativity and original thinking is rewarded. We encourage students to ask questions and develop a range of creative talents across the curriculum.
Citizenship: We put the needs of others’ before our own, knowing that a strong community spirit will benefit us all. Together we are greater than the sum of our parts.
The £60 million KAA Campus, which includes the academy and the new Kensington Leisure Centre (opening March 2015), needs no fine words to describe it. Our beautiful new building speaks for itself – it is a world class learning environment and we are extremely privileged to have it. We are also very grateful to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who gifted £10.4 million pounds to the project to help realise this exciting new school.
Distinctive features of our building include:
- A professional theatre
- Our own sports hall and dance studio
- A safe, enclosed rooftop football / sports pitch
- Specialist performing and creative arts classrooms for drama, art and performing arts
- Two music rooms and a professional recording studio
- State of the art design technology rooms, including Graphics, Resistant Materials, Food Technology and Textiles
- Flexible IT spaces – giving students safe access to the right technologies
- Three libraries
- The Kensington Creates Entrepreneurial Centre
- Access to the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre and swimming pool next door to the academy
We are fortunate to have these facilities and will put them to the service of our students. However, we also know the building alone is not the answer; it is the school’s values, our strong ethos, and our focus on curriculum, assessment and teaching and learning that will be the keys to our success.
There are additional student benefits beyond the expert teaching, unique partnerships, state of the art facilities, entrepreneurial education and NCS opportunities detailed above. These include:
- Discounted gym membership for all sixth formers at the Kensington Leisure Centre, part of the KAA campus. This includes access to a brand new 100 station gym and the leisure centres three swimming pools.
- A chance to spend two years studying in one of the greatest parts of London. KAA is just minutes from Portobello Road, Notting Hill Gate and Holland Park – three areas which are world famous for their shopping, parks, restaurants and culture. North Kensington is a vibrant, buzzing, creative community and we are proud to be right at its heart.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Kensington Aldridge Academy directly.