Welcome to Somervale School
I am extremely proud to be Headteacher of Somervale School, particularly as it has improved so much over recent years and was awarded a ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in January 2013 in recognition of this outstanding progress. Examination results have hit record
levels and the school was rightly recognised by Nick Gibb, the Schools Minister, as one of the best 100 schools in the country for progress.
Recent outcomes achieved at Somervale place the school well above the national average for pupil attainment and achievement in Mathematics. The school’s excellence in Arts education has also been recognised with the award of the prestigious Arts Mark Gold standard. Somervale is one of the best schools in Bath and North East Somerset and its strong partnership with Norton Hill gives youngsters at Somervale exceptional opportunities. The school’s attendance and behaviour has been held up as an example for other schools in the South West to follow as has the exceptional care, support and guidance students receive, which was judged as ‘outstanding’ in a recent external review in March 2014.
● We aim to raise academic achievement and career ambition for all students
● We offer a broad and rich curriculum drawing on the expertise and resources of both partnership schools to meet the aspirations and needs of all students
● We promote inspired learning and inspirational teaching
● We offer qualifications that universities and employers expect and value so that our students can progress to the best jobs and universities
A Strong Ethos
● We will develop the personal and social qualities needed to get on
● We emphasise traditional values of courtesy and good manners
● We are people centred and ambitious and promote teamwork, communication and leadership
● We promote contributing to the community and engaging with the wider world
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact Somervale School directly.