Welcome to LIPA Sixth Form College
LIPA Sixth Form College offers BTEC Level 3 Studies focusing only on creative and performing arts disciplines, leading to a nationally-recognised qualification.
Studying with us offers you:
- A small, yet specialist, post-school learning environment, where you will meet people, like you, who live and breathe the creative and performing arts
- Access to professional equipment and facilities, within a purpose-built learning environment in the heart of Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter
- Practical and vocational project-based learning which helps you to take creative risks to grow your knowledge, interests and technical abilities in a safe, supportive environment
- Experienced teaching staff with a range and depth of professional know-how gained in the creative and performing arts industries
- Opportunities to collaborate with students of other disciplines to extend your interests and skills and to complement your chosen course
- Access to industry contacts, masterclasses and workshops, and guidance from a range of creative and performing arts professionals
- Access to, and engagement with, the creative and performing arts community within Liverpool and beyond
- The opportunity to be part of and to actively and creatively contribute to the ongoing success of the wider LIPA group
We provide a unique combination of creative and performing arts qualifications, within a specialist setting.
Offering professional excellence and experience through learning and training opportunities, we will equip you to move forwards onto the professional ladder, with a range of performance, design or technical skills and understanding which will prepare you for Higher Education or employment.
When considering your application, we will put as much (if not more) emphasis on your aptitude and potential as on your experience. Our learner-focused, project-based approach helps us work closely with you to develop your skills, interests and technical abilities. As a small but specialised Sixth Form College, we can empower you to take creative risks in a safe, supportive environment that lets you grow as an individual – socially, emotionally and practically, as well as vocationally.
In addition to the obvious benefits of our position within LIPA's campus, you will also have your own space to develop your skills and interests.
LIPA Sixth Form College is a self-contained building, which has been redeveloped to create a purpose-built specialist post-16 learning environment.
We offer modern facilities and equipment within the splendid creative and dynamic environment of Liverpool’s Cultural Quarter.
The refurbishment of the LIPA Sixth Form College building enables us to offer new self-contained specialist facilities, including:
- Studio theatre
- Dance and acting studios
- Recording studio
- Sound technology suite
- Music rehearsal rooms
- Student break-out zone
- Scenic design and construction workshop
- Tutorial rooms and classrooms
- Learning resource centre
You will benefit from a range of support as you progress through your studies. This will come from your tutors, from your learning coaches (who can help you access support for a range of needs, whether academic, practical, social or emotional) and from industry contacts with whom you might work.
In addition, if you have SEN or disabilities, you will have support from a dedicated Learning Support Coordinator. Your own personalised learning plan will help you to identify the best way our staff can work with you to achieve your ambitions, and regular feedback – both informal and formal, through Parents’ Evenings and written progress reports – will help you to stay on track.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact LIPA Sixth Form College directly.