Welcome to Crompton House CofE Sixth Form
Crompton House Sixth Form is a centre of excellence for post sixteen eduction which fully equips its students with the skills and knowledge necessary to live as twenty first century citizens in a multicultural democracy, focusing on the development of the whole person.
Crompton House Sixth Form provides a first class education and a rich post 16 experience. Naturally, we expect you to set high standards for yourself, both academically and within the school community, as you prepare for the challenges that face you in the
future. As an open-access Sixth Form, we cater for students from all faiths, challenging them to achieve their potential through high quality teaching, positive learning experiences, support, guidance and a wide variety of opportunities.
We will help you to leave our Sixth Form with the best possible start to your future. As well as sporting and leadership opportunities such as the Sixth Form Management Team we provide a range of opportunities to promote the development of the qualifications, skills and attributes for successful entry to the next stage of your education and career. We are immensely proud of our Sixth Form students, as they are role models for the rest of school, taking a lead in school life.
Facilities available The sixth from is housed in its own dedicated block, with new modernised facilities, which provide a 21st century learning environment for our students. After a substantial investment we have:
• The latest ICT equipment integrated within quiet and social areas.
• Learning pods for collaboration work, mentoring or independent work • Dedicated Sixth Form canteen – open all day for easy student access
• All of the Sixth Form team and Academic Tutors are situated in the Sixth Form Centre for quick and easy access.
• Meeting rooms
• Mentoring rooms
• Quiet work areas
• Sixth Form careers library and adviser
All students have access to all whole school facilities these include:
• Well-equipped library offering more ICT facilities and silent work space
• Arts Atrium for individual art work
• Top of the range sports facilities - 3G Pitch, Sports Hall, Gymnasium and climbing wall.
• Drama studio
Our Sixth Form support ensures that students receive personalised academic and pastoral support as well as appropriate guidance for higher education or employment. This support comes from the Academic Tutors and the Sixth form Team. The Academic Tutors will supervise your well-being and development throughout your time at Crompton House. You will meet regularly with your assigned Academic Tutor for mentoring but they are also available when needed and are based together in the Sixth Form Centre. A large part of the Academic Tutor’s role is to look at the whole person and discuss overall achievement across as well as:
• Career progression,
• Work experience,
•UCAS process and reference
• Leadership opportunities
• Competitive universities including Oxford and Cambridge
• Attendance • Personal, Social and Health issues
• Advise on study skills, time management etc.
Crompton House Sixth Form offers close academic monitoring with regular reports sent to parents, parental emails and letters for key information and Parent Consultation Evenings when parents can discuss the overall academic and pastoral care of their child. This link with parents plays a vital role in the ultimate success of the student at Crompton House Sixth Form.
- Outstanding success in offers from competitive universities
- Outstanding and consistent Oxbridge success 30 subjects offered at AS and A Level
- 99% pass rate
- 100% pass rate in 26 subjects
- Progress at AS level in top 25% nationally
- 66% of all students achieve A* - B grades at A Level.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Crompton House CofE Sixth Form through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.