Welcome to 15Billion
Everyone has at least 15 billion brain cells in their cerebral cortex, the part of the brain we use when we think.
15billion represents our commitment to enhance opportunities and unlock this potential to enable young people to have a full impact on society and the lives they lead. Our strapline "transforming young futures" underlines this message, describing both what we have strived to do since we were established in 2002 and what will continue to drive us in the future.
Our key aims arise from the skills and experience the organisation has developed as it has evolved. Each aim covers a distinct area of work. Together they enhance opportunities for young people to fulfil their potential.
These aims are:
- training those working with young people, so that they become better equipped with the latest knowledge, skills and techniques
- progressing young people into education, employment and training through our young peoples services team and projects
- providing information, advice and guidance to young people and supporting them
- listening to feedback from young people to enable us to understand how we can better improve our services
- enhancing the delivery of services to young people through the more effective use of data
5billion as part of a consortium which includes WoTs Associates is taking the lead in delivering an innovative programme called the get app'ed diversity in Apprenticeships programme as requested by the National Apprenticeship Service.
Working across London and parts of the East of England, the programme targets young people aged 16-18 years from Black and Minority Ethnic communities particularly young women, young people with SEN/LDD and young offenders. Our aim is to increase the numbers of young people within these specified groups, who begin and complete Apprenticeship programmes particularly in Retail, The Public Sector, Health and Social Care, Customer Services and Hospitality.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact 15Billion directly.