Welcome to City of London College
City of London College is based in the heart of London's business district. It was founded in 1979, making it one of London's most long-established and respected private providers of education and training. Over this period, many thousands of students
have graduated from the College, and are now following worthwhile careers worldwide.
CLC provides an employment service like no other to meet the needs of both job seekers and employers.
CLC has started to secure apprenticeship roles for young people in the field of accountancy and finance. The continuous success of these apprenticeship roles, enables CLC to build excellent relationships with local employers, and aim to have many young people and employers use this service again to meet their own recruitment needs.
What can CLC do for me?
Research has shown the following with regards to an employer taking on apprentices: -
- Proven to be one of the most effective ways to recruit, train and develop a loyal and highly skilled workforce for the employer.
- Doesn’t cost the employer much.
- Can help to reduce staff turnover, improve productivity, and helps motivate the workforce.
- Deliver skills centred on your organisations needs’, and develop trained and skilled employees for the future.
- It’s a free recruitment service to employers.
- An opportunity for the employer to divulge in an area which the organisation is quite new to. The employer can build its reputation and establish themselves by giving opportunities to young people.
What is involved?
- An informal discussion with the employer to identify recruitment needs
- A visit to the employer discussing potential placements and job duties in detail.
- Advising employers on the benefits of Apprenticeships and the new and creative recruitment techniques offered at CLC.
- At no cost for the employer, identifying suitable candidates and, providing appropriate training and support to the candidate to do the job.
- Work closely with the employer to identify other possible apprenticeship openings.
- Provide on-going support, to the employer and apprentice, when and where necessary.
The College is situated in the central eastern part of Britain's capital, the centre of the country's international business and finance. This area houses the head offices of all major banks, financial institutions and insurance companies. The College is within walking distance of the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and St Katherine Docks. A walk of 15 minutes can take students to the famous St. Paul's Cathedral and Fleet Street. The Bank of England and the London Stock Exchange are also within easy walking distance. The College is situated opposite Aldgate East underground station, which is connected with the rest of London through the District and Hammersmith & City underground lines.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact City of London College directly.