Welcome to SS Simon and Jude CE Primary School (STAR Apprenticeships)
Welcome to the STAR Apprenticeship Programme
SS SImon & Jude's STAR Apprenticeship is unique - alongside your employment in a school, your training is delivered by a National Support School ensuring you are receiving the very best support as you take the first steps in your career.
How is the STAR programme delivered?
We will visit you in your school and help you to build up a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate your knowledge and skills across all areas of the Apprenticeship.
You will be assessed using a range of different methods to cover a number of activities including:
- Regular visits in school from your assessor to observe you demonstrating your skills
- Short written tasks where you will reflect on your practice
- Group Knowledge Workshops to deepen your knowledge and to share ideas and best practice
- Opportunities to visit other schools and shadow other TA's - like a mini exchange!
- Educare for Education elearning modules covering subjects such as Data Protection and Child Development
Our programme is focused on advice and guidance to help you make the right choices about your future career working with children in schools.
Our STAR Skills Programme takes learners from volunteer all the way through to qualified teacher. Your Apprenticeship is just the beginning.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact SS Simon and Jude CE Primary School (STAR Apprenticeships) directly.