Welcome to Skills Made Easy
Kickstart your career with an apprenticeship and Skills Made Easy. Want to earn money? Build a career? AND achieve a recognised qualification? If the answer is yes, then an apprenticeship might be for you! Apprenticeships are available for many different types of work and at Skills Made Easy, we work with thousands of local businesses who want to hear from enthusiastic and motivated young people. Skills Made Easy is a unique government-funded programme, so if you want to take control of your career and get the best possible chance of securing an apprenticeship, you’re in the right place.
Here are some of the benefits of doing an apprenticeship:
• Being paid to complete your qualification (i.e. paid to attend college).
• You will be entitled to £3.30/hour during your first year of training. As you progress your wages may increase based upon your performance in the job.
• Paid holidays.
• Gaining valuable industry experience in your chosen profession.
• Learning new skills, which will look great on your CV
• Apprenticeships typically last for twelve months.
• You will work for a minimum of 30 hours and a maximum of 40 hours each week.
• You will work towards achieving a NVQ qualification, which provides you with a vocational qualification that is the equivalent of GCSE’s, A levels, and even a university degree.
• The ways in which you learn can include training in the workplace, which is known as work-based learning, day release to attend a course at college, or a combination of both.
• At the end of your apprenticeship you will receive a nationally recognised qualification which is recognised by employers.
• 85% of apprentices will stay in full-time employment after completing their qualification.
• Two thirds will continue to develop their career further with the same employer.
Skills Made Easy is a unique government-funded programme that is generating hundreds of apprenticeship vacancies in Barnsley, Bolsover, Bassetlaw, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and NE Derbyshire.
We have vacancies in a wide variety of areas including
Hospitality and Retail
Skills Made Easy will meet every young person individually so we can get to know you better, ensure we have the correct information and that you are ‘apprenticeship ready’. We can help you become ‘Apprenticeship Ready’ by attending our CV or interview workshops, to either build your CV or gain invaluable interview tips and techniques.
84% of candidates who have gained apprenticeships through the Skills Made Easy process are either in employment or in learning. 90% of those who stay in employment, retain a full time position with the company they have completed their apprenticeship
How to Apply: Applications are made through ucasprogress
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Skills Made Easy through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.