Welcome to St. Edmunds Society
- St-Eds Training Centre provides a positive learning environment for young people with who may have struggled to achieve in a mainstream educational setting.
- We offer a wide choice of accredited vocational training including bricklaying, plastering, carpentry, painting, decorating, plumbing, electrics, tiling, vehicle maintenance, nail technology, childcare and IT/functional skills.
- We deliver key-stage 4 alternative provision to young people with complex needs who have been excluded from mainstream education via the Short Stay School for Norfolk We also contract directly with schools across Norfolk via our reengagement programme, which addresses the educational needs of young people who are at risk of exclusion.
- We offer a 5-week Arts Award Discover Certificate for key-stage 3 which explores visual creativity and production through printmaking.
- We deliver a six-month study programme for 16-19s in construction, vehicle maintenance and catering. After week 8 the learner goes out on work experience for 1 day a week with a leading Norfolk business in the relevant sector, including our corporate partners in construction- Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon.
- We have an on-site support team, led by a qualified level 2 Social Worker, who identify the barriers to learning which a young person has encountered and then creates a support package to help them achieve in education involving the family, local authority, welfare agencies and crucially the young person themselves.
- We are an approved Centre for City & Guilds, IMI and The Guild of Beauty Therapists accreditation. We also provide Matrix accredited information, advice and guidance to every young person to ensure they choose the right path to further training or employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for courses, you will need to contact St. Edmunds Society directly.
Last updated date: 27 October 2016