Welcome to Portland Training
Portland Training are a government funded training provider, our service is 100% FREE to eligible candidates due to funding from EFSA.
We specialise in a range of apprenticeships, to help you progress your career and start out in the working world.
You won’t be tied into a college
No College, we come to you
No night classes, we deliver training in your working hours - Your Assessor comes out to you at work, so no travel expense
Portland Training offer a variety of courses that we can bespoke to suit your learning needs. We have dedicated Trainers and Assessors that will provide you with on-going information, advice and guidance to ensure you achieve your goal.
We pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of training to enable learners to progress and achieve their goals which in turn, provides our employers with a higher skilled workforce.
We aim to provide both learners and employers with an end-to-end service. If you want a service that you can't see on our website, please just ask, if we don't offer what you are looking for, we will know a provider that does.
Mission – To provide opportunities for individuals to upskill and fulfill their potential by delivering outstanding training and development
Vision – Our vision is to build and maintain a lasting impression through outstanding training and development, establishing us as the provider of choice
Values – To Believe, Encourage, Support, Together!
•Believe every individual should have the opportunity to progress
•Encourage every individual to recognise their full potential
•Support every individual to reach their goals
•Together we can …
If you have finished school and are ready to look for work, we can assist you in seeking Apprenticeship vacancies. Our team will offer advice and support throughout the recruitment process. If you are successful in finding a position within an organisation or already have a position lined up for when you leave school,
Portland Training offer the following new apprenticeship standards
• Business Administration Level 3
• Customer Service Level 2 and 3
• Hair Professional Level 2
• Team Leader/Supervisor Level 3
• Operations Manager/Departmental Manager Level 5
What to expect
• Apprentices are eligible to work between 30-40hours per week
• Apprentices will earn a minimum of £3.90 per hour from April 1st 2019
• You will be visited by your assessor on a minimum of a monthly basis and will receive extra 1-2-1 training and support if required
• Assessor visits are held in the workplace, no college days
• Assessed through a variety of methods; from observations, knowledge questions, professional discussions and witness testimonies
• You will produce a portfolio of evidence based specifically to around your job role
• You will have the opportunity to complete Functional Skills in maths & English At the end of your Apprenticeship, you will be qualified to your chosen level (2 or 3) and have a minimum of 12months invaluable experience in your chosen sector.
The majority apprentices often progress in to permanent employment with the employer.
How to apply
You can apply for courses at Portland Training through UCAS Progress. Add courses to your favourites to apply to this provider.